Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Juice or Medicine?

Few weeks back, Rishit was down with viral fever and i was giving him Calpol and Meftal-P alternately to bring down his fever. At 1 AM, i gave him Meftal-P and slept. i had a shock of my life when i saw Rishit come out of the bedroom in the morning with pink colored liquid all over his face. Only then i realized that i had forgotten to keep the medicine back in the cupboard.

I was totally tensed and didn't know what to do for a minute. The bottle was half filled the night before and there was some liquid on the floor. i didn't know how much rishit had drunk. I was thinking about all this and trying my doctor's number when akshu's comment really made me laugh. He said " U keep telling rishit that the medicine is juice, now he has drunk the whole bottle!" True in fact. That is how i used to give both akshu and rishi medicines when they had fever but looked like rishit had taken it seriously.
My husband and I ran to Apollo emergency and after a whole lot of drama, we discovered he had taken very little in fact.Great relief. Best thing was, Rishit did not cry at all, even when the tube was put in his nose and the liquid pumped out! Doctors were all praise for him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment